- Device Management
- Enterprise Applications
RFID Reference Infrastructure
- As the name suggests, it sits between the readers and your enterprise/business applications.
- It manages readers and communicates between readers and your business applications.
- It is a set of many different distributed software: ALE, local database, EPCIS.
- Basically all software except business applications and on device software.
- Provide customers with the ability to focus on vertical applications
- Include extensive data collection and management tools
- Manage the flow of data between readers and enterprise applications
- Data quality
- Data filtering
- Data aggregation
- Device management
RFID Middleware Functions
- Device control, configuration and monitoring for hundreds of devices
- Device operation
- Command the reader to read/write tag(s)
- Tag Data Filtering and cleansing
- Data Routing and Integration
- Which data is passed to which recipient
- Application Services Event Management
- Respond to events generated by business apps
- Data Translation